UPRAA grants you an opportunity to succeed!
The Association of University of Puerto Rico Alumni and Friends Abroad (UPRAA) is committed to helping you achieve success. In addition to mentoring and advisory programs, UPRAA offers the following Scholarship Program based on academic achievement and financial need.
- UPRAA-Ford's Fund STEM Scholarships. This Scholarships Program targets graduate or undergraduate students pursuing studies in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) at any of the University of Puerto Rico’s (UPR) campuses.
- UPRAA-CORVUS’ ROTC Scholarships. This Scholarship Program targets students in the Reserve Officer Training Corps pursuing undergraduate studies in any discipline at any of the University of Puerto Rico (UPR) campuses.
- UPRAA’s Dominion Resources Scholarships. This Scholarship Program targets students pursuing studies in any discipline at the University of Puerto Rico’s - Mayaguez Campus only.
Eligibility Requirements: Graduate and Postgraduate students must:
- Be a full-time student for the 2017-2018 academic year at a graduate school
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or above
- Qualify to obtain Financial Aid. (Financial qualifications will be determined by the corresponding financial aid office and the UPRAA Scholarships committee).
- Complete the online application
- Submit all the required documentation:
- Submit an acceptance letter from an accredited graduate school in the Continental U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Submit an official GPA certification/transcript
- Submit thee letters of recommendation from a professor/advisor or manager) including original signature
- Submit a copy of the Financial Aid qualification document or 2016 tax return document
- Submit an 800 word essay
- Submit an electronic photo
Selection Criteria: UPRAA Scholarship Committee will evaluate all applications based on the following:
- Academic record
- Financial need
- Recommendations (from a professor, counselor or advisor)
- Interview (finalists only)
To ensure your application receives full consideration, every applicant should carefully read all the information and follow the application instructions, fully complete the online scholarship application, include ALL required documents, and submit the application on time. The Scholarships Committee strongly recommends reviewing and proofreading your essay. Good Luck!